My GF’s mother is visiting us here on Maui for the next two weeks. With that declaration I give you:
Top 10 Things You Shouldn’t Say To Your GF’s Devoutly Religious Mother Who Also Believes I Should Settle Down and Marry Her Daughter.
10. (Unlike you) I don’t believe in profitting from someone’s death.
09. Another thing Mel Gibson’s Apocolypto has in common with the Passion of the Christ is they are both works of fiction.
08. Do you believe in God? I don’t… well at least not the same god you believe in.
07. My goal in life is not the accumulation of wealth and material possessions.
06. Marriage is an antiquated ideal.
05. Commitment and marriage are not synonymous ideas.
04. The government uses taxes to subjugate the people of other countries, spy on their own citizens, and generally ensure we are the most hated people on Earth. Clearly worthwhile pursuits that warm the cockles of any Republican’s heart.
03. That’s not stupid… stupid is believing in Religion and Republican politics.
That’s all I have so far… I’m sure as the visit continues, I’ll top these without much effort. Considering we are on day two of her two week visit, you can be sure I’ll have more to post in the coming days.